Activation Lock is one of the most essential security features for iPhones, particularly those that are running on iOS 15. This feature was designed to ensure that only the original user has access to the phone, making it useless if ever it is lost or stolen.
While this is a beneficial security measure, it can be problematic if you need to gain access to an iPhone protected by Activation Lock.
Thankfully, there are a variety of approaches you can use to remove Activation Lock from an iOS 15 device.
To find out more, see What is the Activation Lock.
If you find yourself needing to access a smartphone running iOS 15 that is equipped with Activation Lock, there is no need to panic – there are a number of methods that can be employed to remove this security feature.
This article will provide a comprehensive guide to unlocking Activation Lock with the Apple-recommended methods, as well as with third-party companies.
The step-by-step instructions detailed in this article can be used to unlock Activation Lock on an iOS 15 iPhone.
Table of Contents
Reset Apple ID
If you’ve forgotten the Apple ID associated with the iPhone, the first step is to reset the Apple ID.
There are a number of ways to do this including via the Apple ID account page. You’ll be prompted to enter your Apple ID and answer a few security questions.
Once you’ve successfully reset your Apple ID, you can log in and remove the Activation Lock from the phone.
You can also bypass the Activation Lock on iOS 15 using another Apple device.
It’s the simplest and most secure way to unlock the iPhone.
You can’t reset your Apple ID if you don’t remember your password or security questions.
For more information, see How to reset Apple ID password if you forget it.
Online via a web browser
- Go to the Apple ID account page and select “Forgot Apple ID or Password”.
- Enter your Apple ID and answer the security questions.
- Reset your Apple ID and log in to your account.
- Access the Activation Lock page and select the “Remove Activation Lock” option.
- Follow the steps to unlock the device.
- Enter your Apple ID and password to access the device.
- The device will be unlocked and you’ll be able to use it normally.
Using another trusted Apple device you own
You can use another Apple device you own to reset your Apple ID. This is one that you’re already signed in to with your Apple ID, so that Apple knows it’s yours.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap your name at the top of the screen.
- Select the Password & Security option.
- Tap the Change Password option.
- Enter your current password and then enter your new password twice to confirm.
- Tap the Done button to save your changes.
- Your password will now be reset and you can use your new password to log in to your Apple ID account.
Using a loaned Apple device
If you don’t own another Apple product, you can borrow a device from a friend or family member, or use one at an Apple Store iPhone to perform the reset.
- Download the Apple Support app from the App Store, if necessary.
- Open the Apple Support app on the borrowed Apple device.
- Scroll down to Support Tools, then tap Reset Password.
- Tap “A different Apple ID”.
- Enter your Apple ID, tap Next.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to reset your password.
Ask Apple Support for help
If you’re unable to reset your Apple ID, you can contact Apple Support and they may be able to help. To do this, you’ll need to have proof of purchase or ownership of the iPhone. Once you’ve provided these documents to Apple Support, they may be able to help you unlock the device.
It’s a fast and secure way to unlock the device.
You need to provide proof of purchase or ownership of the device.
Request account recovery
In conclusion, it is best to attempt other methods first before resorting to account recovery to reset your Apple ID. It is recommended that account recovery be used as a last resort since the process can take several days.
Upon submitting your recovery request, you will get an email confirming your request as well as the date and time it was made.
Apple will provide a text message or automated phone call with step-by-step instructions to help you regain access to your account.
It’s a secure way to unlock the device.
It’s very slow and you need to prove ownership of the device.
Use DirectUnlocks service
If you’re looking for an easy way to bypass Activation Lock on your iOS device, then DirectUnlocks is the perfect choice. We tested their service on a variety of iPhones running iOS 15, and it worked every time.
Not only are they reliable, but their prices are also competitive and their customer service is top-notch. Therefore, DirectUnlocks is the best service we tested for bypassing Activation Lock.
Steps for Requesting an Unlock from DirectUnlocks:
- Get the IMEI code for your iOS 15 device.
- Go to the DirectUnlocks website.
- Enter the IMEI or serial number in the box.
- Select the device model in the dropdown.
- Press the Unlock iCloud! button.
- Review the order details and price on the order summary page.
- Tick the box for agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Choose the payment method and pay securely.
- Receive a confirmation of your order in your email.
- The phone will be unlocked.
Find out more about how to use DirectUnlocks.
Use iBypasser tool
iBypasser is a powerful software that enables you to bypass the restrictions imposed by the Apple iCloud security system.
It allows you to unlock your locked iOS 15 iPhone, and access your device data, even if you have forgotten your Apple ID and password.
The software is compatible with all models of iPhone and iPad, and works with all versions of iOS.
In short, the iBypasser tool is software designed for tech-savvy computer users who are willing to take on the challenge of trying to bypass the iCloud Activation Lock themselves.
Steps to bypass Activation Lock using iBypasser:
- Download and install the iBypasser tool on your computer.
- Open the iBypasser tool and connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Once your iPhone is connected, you will need to enter your device’s DFU Mode.
- To enter DFU mode on your device, press and hold the side button for three seconds.
- Keep holding the side button and press and hold the volume down button for 10 seconds.
- Then, release the side button but continue holding the volume down button for an additional five seconds before releasing.
- If the screen is illuminated but blank, your iPhone will have successfully entered DFU mode.
- Once your device is in DFU mode, the iBypasser tool will detect it and prompt you to enter the device’s Recovery Mode. Find out how to enable Recovery Mode.
- Once your device is in Recovery Mode, the iBypasser tool will prompt you to download and install the latest firmware version for your device.
- Once the firmware is installed, the tool will begin unlocking your device. This process can take up to 10 minutes.
- After the unlock process is complete, you will be able to access your device without any restrictions.
Find out more iBypasser, including how to get a free copy and use it for Activation Lock removal.
Perform DNS Bypass
Another method for unlocking Activation Lock is to use a DNS bypass. To do this, you’ll need to change the DNS settings on your device and enter a specific DNS address.
Once you’ve changed the DNS settings, you’ll be able to access the device even if it’s still Activation Locked.
- Launch the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the blue “i” icon next to the network you’re connected to.
- Tap the DNS field, and enter the DNS server IP address:
- North America: 126.96.36.199
- Europe: 188.8.131.52
- Asia: 184.108.40.206
- Australia and New Zealand: 220.127.116.11
- South America: 18.104.22.168
- Africa: 22.214.171.124
- Tap the back arrow in the top left corner to save your changes.
- Restart your iPhone and the DNS bypass should be enabled.
It is quick and free.
It’s a little fiddly and doesn’t work on all devices running iOS 15.
About iOS 15
iOS 15 is Apple’s mobile operating system, released on September 20th, 2021. It was superseded by iOS 16 in 2022.
iOS 15 brought several improvements and new features to the table, including a redesigned notifications system, improved privacy protections, a redesigned Focus mode for managing distractions, an overhauled Maps app, an improved Photos app, a new Wallet app for managing digital keys and cards, enhancements to Shortcuts and Siri, and improved support for AirPods.
It also added several new app integrations, a new look for the Home Screen, and more.
Remove iCloud Activation Lock on other OS versions
- How to bypass iOS 16 Activation Lock
- How to bypass iPadOS 16 Activation Lock
- How to bypass iPadOS 15 Activation Lock
Getting rid of Activation Lock on any iPhone
If you want to bypass iCloud on a particuar iPhone model see:
- Bypass iCloud Lock on iPhone 14
- Bypass iCloud Lock on iPhone 13
- Bypass iCloud Lock on iPhone 12
- Bypass iCloud Lock on iPhone 11
- Bypass iCloud Lock on iPhone XR
- Bypass iCloud Lock on iPhone XS
- Bypass iCloud Lock on iPhone X
- Bypass iCloud Lock on iPhone 8
- Bypass iCloud Lock on iPhone 7
- Bypass iCloud Lock on iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s
- Bypass iCloud Lock on iPhone 5 / iPhone 5c / iPhone 5s
- Bypass iCloud Lock on iPhone 4 / iPhone 4s
- Bypass iCloud Lock on iPhone SE
If you want to switch off the lock and know the Apple ID, then see How to disable iCloud Activation Lock.
When attempting to bypass Activation Lock on an iOS 15 iPhone, there are a few methods you can use to achieve this. You can reset the associated Apple ID, contact Apple Support, or use a third-party service such as DirectUnlocks.
Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s crucial to consider the pros and cons of each option before deciding which one is right for you.