Before you setup Find My iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch you need to set up iCloud first. Once you have iCloud working you will be able to use iCloud to find your device. This is really easy so don’t wait or you may too late. There are already many stories in the press about people locating their lost and stolen devices using this tool – such as ex-England rugby captain Will Carling.
You will need:
- Apple ID – this is the username and password you use to download stuff from iTunes
- An iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with latest version of the operating system installed on it (or at least iOS5)
- iCloud setup on your device
How to set it up
1. Tap Settings
2. Tap on “iCloud” – if you are asked for an Apple ID you haven’t setup iCloud yet. You can learn how to set it up here.
3. At the bottom of iCloud settings you will see “Find My iPhone”. Switch it to “ON”.
4. It’s that simple! However, you should install the “Find My iPhone app”. The Find My iPhone application is a free download on the App Store, and lets you locate the iOS devices on a map, send messages and pings to the devices. It even allows you to remotely delete the data from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Did you find this iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch fix helpful?
If you found this fix helpful please take a moment to tweet, like, or share this article by using the buttons at the top of this page. I’d really appreciate it. 🙂
Also, if you are feeling extra generous after having your issue solved please leave some encouraging feedback in the comments section at the bottom of the page.
I love getting feedback from visitors. It encourages me to find further solutions to those awkward little iPhone, iPad, MacBook, and Mac problems that we all suffer from.
Thanks for taking the time to read my website and I hope to help you again soon!
Get my Apple iOS 10 guide FREE!
Click the link below to signup for our guide showing you how the latest version of Apple’s Operating System – iOS 10 – will work on your iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini or iPod Touch for free!
That’s right, a free user guide showing you the new features.