Encountering difficulties unlocking your iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, or iPhone 11 Pro Max?
Our expertly curated guide brings you reliable and tested methods for unlocking your device, even in cases where the passcode is forgotten or not known.
Our guide is the result of meticulous research and expertise, aimed to assist you in navigating the unlocking process of your phone while prioritizing the safety of your data.
What our comprehensive guide covers:
- Free Proven Password Reset Methods
Discover secure, expert-verified strategies for resetting your iPhone’s password at no cost.
- Unlocking Techniques Without a Computer
Practical solutions for unlocking your iPhone 11 series without needing a computer.
- Mastering Recovery Mode
A step-by-step guide on how to effectively use recovery mode for unlocking your iPhone.
- Apple’s Official Passcode Reset Instructions
Detailed explanation of the official process recommended by Apple for resetting your passcode.
- Recommended Software Tools
Expert-backed recommendations for the best software tools for password resetting and data recovery.
- Maintaining Data Integrity During Reset
Essential tips on preserving your data during the password reset process.
- Setting Up Face ID for Enhanced Security
Instructions for setting up Face ID, bolstering your iPhone 11’s security after resetting your password.
Tailored for these iPhone models:
Our guide is uniquely designed to unlock iPhone 11 without passcode, ensuring a secure and efficient access to your device.
Table of Contents
Unlock iPhone 11 passcode methods, tips, and tools
Unlocking the iPhone 11 when you forget the passcode can seem daunting. However, various methods, tips, and tools make this process manageable. Whether you’re trying to unlock an iPhone 11 forgetting the passcode doesn’t mean you’re permanently locked out.
One common scenario is when you can’t recall the passcode on iPhone 11. If you’ve entered the wrong passcode too many times, the iPhone screen may become disabled. In such cases, the first method to unlock the iPhone without the passcode involves using iTunes or Finder. This approach is especially useful when you need to unlock the iPhone 11 without passcode or Face ID.
Another reliable tool is the Find My feature. This can be a lifesaver if you need to unlock your iPhone 11, but don’t remember the passcode. By accessing Find My from another device, you can remotely erase your device, removing the passcode in the process. While this method erases your data, it’s effective for unlocking the iPhone 11 screen without the passcode.
For those who have repeatedly entered the wrong passcode on their iPhone 11 and are now facing a disabled screen, recovery mode is another method to unlock the iPhone. This method reinstalls iOS, allowing you to set up the device afresh. It’s a more drastic approach but works effectively for the iPhone 11 particularly when both Face ID and passcode options are inaccessible.
Forgetting your passcode on the iPhone 11 isn’t the end of the line. From using iTunes or Finder, leveraging Find My, to employing recovery mode, there are several methods to unlock your iPhone without the passcode. Each of these methods ensures you can regain access to your device, even when Face ID and the passcode are not options.
All of these options, and more, are covered below…
Without computer using your previous passcode (on iOS 17 or newer)
With the introduction of iOS 17 and iPadOS 17, Apple has added a new feature known as Passcode Reset. If you ever forget your newly set passcode, this feature allows you to use your old passcode as a backup for up to 72 hours as way to unlock your device.
Using iOS 17 Passcode Reset:
- Start from your device’s lock screen.
- Attempt to enter your passcode incorrectly five times in a row.
- Wait until you see the message “[Device] Unavailable” and a prompt asking you to try again later.
- Once prompted, locate and tap on the “Forgot Passcode?” option, which will be found in the bottom corner of the screen.
- Choose “Enter Previous Passcode.”
- Key in your old passcode.
- Follow the subsequent on-screen directions to establish a fresh passcode. Remember, with the iOS 17 and later updates, your old passcode can temporarily unlock your device.
Manually Expiring the Old Passcode Before 72 Hours:
- Navigate to the “Settings” app on your device.
- Choose “Face ID & Passcode.”
- When prompted, enter your current passcode.
- Locate and tap on “Expire Previous Passcode Now.”
By following these steps, you can ensure your old passcode becomes invalid before the default 72-hour timeframe.
iPhone unlocker using recovery mode
You can unlock the passcode from your iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, or iPhone 11 Pro Max by putting it into recovery mode and doing a reset to put the device back to its factory settings. A factory reset will erase iPhone data and settings, including the passcode. This is a reliable way to get into your locked iPhone.
Once reset, you can set your device with a new passcode and restore your iPhone 11 data.
To reset the passcode using recovery mode you will need a computer, a USB cable, and your disabled iPhone 11.
To put your device into recovery mode do the following:
- Turn off your iPhone 11. Press and hold the side button and volume down key together until you see the power off slider. Drag the slider to turn your device off.
- While holding the side button, connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable.
- Keep holding the side button until you see the recovery mode screen on your iPhone.
- On your computer, iTunes or Finder should inform you that it has detected the iPhone. You can now go about removing the passcode and restoring the device. Follow the on-screen instructions.
To find out more, see How to put your Apple device into recovery mode.
Use iTunes or Finder
You can unlock the iPhone password on a disabled iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, or iPhone 11 Pro Max via iTunes (or Finder). Using this method, your device will be reset allowing you to set it up again from scratch with a new passcode.
This fix works best if you have been backing up your iPhone 11 to your computer using iTunes or Finder because you can restore iPhone data easily.
To unlock your iPhone 11 lock screen using iTunes or Finder, do the following:
- Connect your iPhone to the PC or Mac computer via a USB cable. Your computer will detect the phone and open the iPhone management screen.
- Select Restore Backup.
- From the dropdown look at the date of each backup and pick the most recent one.
- Click Restore and, it prompted, enter the password for the backup.
- Click Continue and wait for it to finish.
- Keep your iOS device connected and wait for it to sync with your computer.
Use Find My iPhone or iCloud
Forgot your iPhone passcode, or maybe it was changed without your knowledge? You can use Find My iPhone to unlock your device and get it working again. This is done via the iCloud website.
Please note, this technique will only work if you have enabled Find My on your iPhone 11 before you were locked out.
When you follow these instructions the iPhone lock screen passcode will be removed from your device, together with all of the contents. You can then setup a new passcode and recover the data.
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in with your iCloud account, also known as your Apple ID password.
- Chose Find My iPhone.
- When prompted, sign in again using your Apple ID and password.
- On the All Devices dropdown, select your iPhone 11.
- To remove the passcode, choose Erase iPhone. Your device will be wiped, and the passcode removed.
- Restore your data from a backup.
- Set a new passcode for your iPhone 11.
You can use the iPhone personal assistant, Siri, to hack into your iPhone and unlock it.
The advantage of this method is it allows you to get into your device without wiping the data. this means you don’t need to mess around restoring all your data. This is perfect if you don’t have a recent backup and are worried about losing data.
Please note, this method only works if your iPhone 11 runs iOS 8, 9, or 10. You need to have enabled Siri before you were locked out of your device.
To unlock the iPhone passcode using Siri, do the following:
- Say Hey Siri to wake up the personal assistant.
- Ask What time is it, Siri? The clock will appear on the screen.
- Tap the Clock icon.
- Add another clock by tapping the +.
- On the search tab, enter a random string of characters.
- Highlight what you typed and tap Select All.
- When the mini menu extends to show more options, select Share.
- Tap the messaging app.
- In the To field, enter a random string of characters, then hit enter.
- Click + to save the random string of characters as a new contact.
- Tap Create new contact.
- On the new contact, tap Add photo.
- On your camera roll, open a photo album.
- Tap the side button and the home screen should appear without asking for the passcode.
Use a software tool
A good way to gain access to your iPhone 11 is to hack the passcode using a tool. There are many tools that claim to be able to unlock the passcode but after extensive testing, we found LockWiper best.
To get an unlocked iPhone 11, we recommend trying LockWiper.
We loved the Effective, Easy, Professional, and Secure way LockWiper worked. We also noted it was consistently upgraded to ensure compatibility with the latest phones and iOS versions.
LockWiper can unlock the 4-digit pin code, 6-digit PIN, Touch ID, Face ID, Screen Time passcode, and more…
It works in a number of situations, such as unlocking:
- Locked screens
- Broken screens
- Disabled devices
- Disabled Face ID
- Disabled Touch ID
To find out more about this tool and download a free trial, see LockWiper lock removal tool.
- Use the previous link to download the iPhone unlocker software to your computer.
- Once downloaded, install it.
- To unlock the iPhone passcode, launch LockWiper.
- Next, click Unlock Screen Passcode.
- Then, click Start to begin the process. follow the onscreen instructions.
- Connect your iPhone 11 to your computer using a USB cable, then click Next.
- Your device will automatically be detected and the latest available iOS firmware package will be selected. If you wish, you can choose a different firmware package version by clicking on the dropdown.
- Now, click Download to begin downloading and verifying the firmware.
- Once verified, click Start to Extract, to extract the firmware.
- After successfully extracting the files, Click Start Unlock to unlock your iPhone 11.
- To confirm you wish to begin, enter the code 000000 and click Unlock.
- Your device will go into Recovery Mode and be unlocked.
- Once unlocked, click on the Done. You can now use your iPhone without a passcode.
Unlock iPhone 11 without password: Wrap up
This comprehensive guide offers various solutions to unlock the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max, especially when confronted with a forgotten or unknown passcode.
Techniques explored range from leveraging recovery mode, utilizing iTunes or Finder, resorting to Find My iPhone via iCloud, employing Siri’s capabilities on select iOS versions, to harnessing specialized software tools like LockWiper.
It’s essential for users to distinguish between the multiple types of passcodes available, such as the Screen Time passcode. Furthermore, unlocking both the iPhone 11 series iCloud Lock and SIM cards. Always choose the method most suited to your needs, and remember to back up your data when possible.
You can unlock the passcode on your locked iPhone 11 easily using the steps provided in this guide. This will remove the lock screen.