Apple released the iPhone SE 3rd generation (sometimes called the iPhone SE 3 or the iPhone SE 2022) with the iCloud Activation Lock feature.
The Activation Lock is part of the phone’s security system which is managed using the Find My app.
This article describes several techniques you can use to bypass the Activation Lock (also known as the iCloud Lock).
This expert guide explains how to bypass iCloud in the following situations:
- When locked out of your iPhone SE.
- On your own device.
- On a phone you bought or were given.
- Free methods.
- Paid options.
- Using a tool.
- Online unlocking services.
These methods will work, even if the phone you are attempting to bypass is someone else’s.
Read on to find out how to bypass the iCloud lock on iPhone SE devices even without the previous owners, or knowing the Apple ID.
Table of Contents
iPhone SE iCloud bypass methods
An Activation Lock bypass can be used to remove an iPhone SE from the matching Apple iCloud account.
There are many ways to bypass iCloud lock on an iPhone SE, which are quite straightforward.
The iCloud bypass techniques in this article work on the following devices:
- iPhone SE (1st generation) also known as iPhone SE 1 or iPhone SE 2016.
- iPhone SE (2nd generation) also known as iPhone SE 2 or the iPhone SE 2020.
- iPhone SE (3rd generation) also known as iPhone SE 3 or the iPhone SE 2022.
Although this phone is physically similar to the iPhone 5s, internally iPhone SE 2022 is more like the iPhone 13 released in 2022. It includes the A15 bionic chip but has a lower quality LCD retina display. Security is handled slightly differently as there is no Face ID and has a physical home button.
This is why we produced this dedicated guide for iCloud unlocking this range of phones.
The iPhone SE is a highly powered yet old-fashioned device.
What is for sure, is it can be infuriating when you are locked out of your phone. If you have forgotten your Apple ID password or are unable to remember the answer to your security question, then you will need to bypass the Activation Lock screen.
There are many ways that you can bypass the Activation Lock on iPhone. The recommended way is by using a reputable unlocking service where the unlock is done for you. Another option is by using a computer and a third-party unlocking tool. These methods allow you to bypass the iCloud Lock screen, wipe your device, reset the password, and set it up as your own.
On a used device
If you bought or inherited a used iPhone SE, then you need to talk to the original owner and ask them to remove the iCloud Activation Lock.
This can be done in person, or remotely.
If they have forgotten to do this before selling the iPhone SE to you this request shouldn’t cause a problem. Unless they have sold you stolen goods, and don’t know the Apple account credentials.
Assuming it is not stolen goods, you don’t need to worry about returning the locked device for them to unlock it. They can remotely remove the iPhones Apple ID without having the phone in their possession by doing the following:
- Go to the following website: appleid.apple.com.
- Sign in using the correct Apple ID and password.
- Click Devices.
- Choose the iPhone SE model.
- Next, click Remove from account.
On your own device
If the iCloud Activation Lock prevents you from setting up or using your own iPhone SE, the official Apple solution is to unlock it by providing your Apple ID and password.
If you can’t remember your Apple ID or password, you can use the iForgot website to reset them. Simply follow the on-screen instructions and you will be able to reset your password and access your account.
If you forgot your Apple ID, you can find it in these ways:
- On a different Apple device you own, go to iCloud or Media and purchases to see your Apple ID.
- If you own an Apple Mac look at System preferences. You will see your iCloud account details.
- On Apple TV, you will find your Apple ID under Settings.
- On the iForgot website, click If you have forgotten your Apple ID, you can look it up. Supply your name and email address and your Apple ID will be shown.
To find out more about account recovery, see our Apple ID recovery instructions.
Bypassing the lock yourself
If you can’t get in touch with the previous owner, or they are unable to unlock the iPhone SE you can bypass the Activation Lock yourself using an activation lock bypass tool or service.
However, you need to use a reputable company and avoid scammers.
There are many companies online that claim to be able to help you bypass Activation Lock. Yet, my testing has shown the iCloud unlocking advice they give is wrong. They are trying to rip you off so be careful.
Types of scams to watch out for
- Software downloads and hacks that damage your computer.
- Online tools that claim to ‘interface‘ with Apple servers that ask you to fill in quizzes or click ads.
- PDF downloads with instructions that don’t work.
For more information, see how to get rid of the iPhone iCloud Activation Lock.
Price to unlock iCloud on iPhone SE
If you look online you will see iPhone SE iCloud unlock prices range from $10 USD to $50 USD. However, you need to be careful as some suppliers will break their fees down into 2 parts:
- A deposit
- A final fee
Suppliers keep the deposit low giving the impression that their costs are competitive but they are simply hiding the true cost. You will be asked to pay a much larger final fee which will bring the overall cost up.
When we reviewed iCloud bypass suppliers, we took this odd payment structure into account to make it easier to compare services.
We also noticed that prices fluctuate up and down by as much as $10 USD, so the price we paid for the services may not be the current fee charged.
Pros and cons of paying for an unlock:
- You can use your device normally.
- All functions and features work.
- The fix is permanent – you only ever need to do it once.
- Works on all Apple mobile devices that run iOS.
- It’s easy – no special technical skills are required.
- There are loads of scammers offering this type of service so you need to be careful who you use.
- It is not free.
- It can take a few days to finalize.
Free iCloud unlock
Bypassing the Activation Lock on iPhone SE for free is possible by providing the Apple ID and password when prompted on the device.
If you don’t know the Apple credentials of the original owner, then the best free method is to use a DNS bypass:
- Turn on your iPhone SE.
- Go through the setup process until you see the Choose WiFi Network screen.
- Click the i beside your WiFi network.
- Tap Configure DNS > Manual > Add Server and type in the IP address that is nearest to you:
- For USA: 18.104.22.168
- For South America: 22.214.171.124
- For Europe: 126.96.36.199
- For Asia: 188.8.131.52
- For Australia and Oceania: 184.108.40.206
- For other continents: 220.127.116.11
- At the top left of the screen, tap Back.
- Click your Wi-Fi network.
- Type in your Wi-Fi password and click Join.
- The iPhone SE will try to activate and go to a new screen. Don’t let it. Hit the Back button to the WiFi page where you will be logged in.
- Once logged in you will see the iCloud bypass screen that will say iCloudDNSBypass.net at the top.
For more information, see how to unlock the iCloud lock for free.
There are also a number of tools, services, and websites that claim to be able to remove Activation Lock for free. To find out about them, see 12 free iCloud unlocking tools.
In a recent review, I tested a range of tools to find the best online iCloud bypass service that can remove the Activation Lock. I concluded the best service was provided by DirectUnlocks.
To find out more, see the DirectUnlock review.
At the time of writing, the unlock fee was £29.00 GBP, which is around $35 USD.
For more in depth step-by-step instructions on ordering the unlock service correctly, see our full usage guide. Alternatively, here is a brief guide:
- Go to their website.
- When on the DirectUnlocks website, enter the device IMEI.
- In the dropdown select iPhone SE, then click Unlock iCloud!
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Select your payment method and pay for the iCloud account to be removed.
- An email confirming the purchase and providing any further instructions will be sent to your email address.
- Once unlocked, another email will be sent.
To find out more about Activation Lock removal services, see our in-depth guide on getting your device setup properly.
Hacking using a tool
There are also many software tools that can be used to hack the Activation Lock. They vary in quality from excellent to awful. If you pick the wrong one you can damage your device permanently and infect your computer with viruses or trojan horses.
Luckily, there are some good tools available with the best being iBypasser.
iBypasser can hack the lock on iPhone SE by connecting it to your computer and running an unlock process.
In my tests, some of the things that made iBypasser the best tool included:
- Free trial.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Easy to install and use.
- Responsive and knowledgeable support.
- Regular software updates.
- Positive customer feedback.
To find out more, see use a tool to hack iCloud lock.
What is iCloud Activation Lock?
Activation Lock is a security feature used in many Apple products, including the iPhone. When you activate your iPhone it is added to your Apple account preventing any other Apple ID from activating or using the same device.
This means your iPhone cannot be wiped, reset, and reactivated without permission from your Apple ID.
Activation Lock is part of Find My, the security app for all Apple devices.
Find My iPhone is a free service that helps you locate your lost or stolen iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. It uses GPS and Wi-Fi to show the location of your device on a map.
You can also remotely lock your device so someone can’t use it, play a sound, show an alert on the screen, and erase all the data on it.
The demand to bypass iCloud Activation Lock on iPhone SE devices is huge. This has resulted in many scammers appearing, ready to take your money without being able to unlock the iCloud lock. Be careful.
The safest option is to use Apple’s official method to get around iCloud Activation Lock on your iOS device.
If the official method is unsuitable, please stick to the recommended methods found in this guide.