The iPhone 11 range of phones was released in 2019 with a feature called iCloud Activation Lock, which is part of the phone’s security system that Apple calls Find My.
This easy-to-follow guide will explain how to bypass Activation Lock, also known as iCloud lock, on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max models.
The topics covered include how to iCloud bypass iPhone 11 on:
- A used device.
- Your own phone.
- A second-hand model.
- Using free techniques.
- Using software tools.
The methods discussed in this article would also allow you to remove the iCloud lock on someone else phone.
Read on and within a few minutes, you will know the exact steps to get your iPhone 11 unlocked – even if you don’t know the Apple ID password.
Table of Contents
iPhone 11 iCloud bypass methods
An iCloud bypass is used to unlock an iPhone 11 from the matching Apple iCloud account. There are many ways to remove the iCloud lock on an iPhone 11, which is easy to do as long as you follow the simple instructions in this article.
The methods described work on the following iPhone models:
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
Although very similar to the iPhone Xs it replaced, there are some differences that make the iPhone 11 range unique including the upgraded A13 Bionic chip. This is why we produced this dedicated guide for iCloud unlocking this model of phone.
The iPhone 11 is a great device, but it can be frustrating when you are locked out of your phone. If you have forgotten your password or are unable to remember the answer to your security question, then you will need to bypass the Activation Lock screen.
There are many ways that you can bypass the Activation Lock on iPhone. The easiest way is by using a reputable unlocking service where the unlock is done for you. Another option is by using a computer and a third-party unlocking tool. These methods allow you to bypass the iCloud Lock screen, wipe your device, reset the password, and set it up as your own.
On a pre-owned device
If you bought or inherited a used iPhone 11, then you need to talk to the original owner and ask them to remove the iCloud Activation Lock.
This can be done in person, or remotely.
If they have forgotten to do this before selling the iPhone 11 to you this request shouldn’t cause a problem. Unless they have sold you stolen goods, and don’t know the Apple account credentials.
Assuming it is not stolen goods, you don’t need to worry about returning the locked device for them to unlock it. They can remove Activation Lock remotely without having the phone in their possession:
- On a computer, go to appleid.apple.com.
- Sign in using the Apple ID and password.
- On the left menu, select Devices.
- On the right, click the iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro you want to remove the Activation Lock from.
- Click Remove from account.
On your own device
If the iCloud Activation Lock prevents you from using your iPhone 11 model, the official solution is to unlock it by providing your Apple ID password.
If you can’t remember your Apple ID or password, you can use the iForgot website to reset them. Simply follow the on-screen instructions and you will be able to immediately reset your account.
If you forgot your Apple ID, you can find it in these ways:
- On another Apple device you own, go to iCloud or Media and purchases to see your Apple ID.
- On your Apple Mac look at System preferences. You will see your iCloud account details.
- On Apple TV, you will find your Apple ID under Settings.
- On the Apple ID recovery page, click If you have forgotten your Apple ID, you can look it up. Provide your name and email address and your Apple ID will be displayed.
For more information, see How to reset your Apple ID or password.
Bypassing the lock yourself
If you can’t get in touch with the original owner, or they are unable to unlock the iPhone 11 you can bypass the Activation Lock yourself using an activation lock bypass tool or service.
However, you need to use a reputable company and avoid scammers.
There are many companies online that claim to be able to help you bypass Activation Lock. Yet, my testing has shown the iCloud unlocking advice they give doesn’t work. They are trying to rip you off so be careful.
Types of scams to watch out for
- Software downloads and hacks
- Online tools that claim to ‘interface‘ with Apple servers
- PDF downloads with instructions
For more information, see remove iCloud lock from a phone.
Price to unlock iCloud on iPhone 11
If you look online you will see iPhone 11 iCloud unlock prices range from $10 USD to $50 USD. However, you need to be careful as some suppliers will break their fees down into 2 parts:
- A deposit
- A final fee
Suppliers keep the deposit low giving the impression that their costs are competitive. You will then be asked to pay a final fee which will bring the overall cost up.
When we reviewed Activation Lock bypassers, we took this into account so that the overall fee was provided for you to compare.
We also noticed that prices fluctuate up and down by as much as $10 USD, so the prices we paid for the service may not be the current fee charged.
Pros and cons of paying for an unlock
- You can use your device normally.
- All functions and features work.
- The fix is permanent – you only ever need to do it once.
- Works on all Apple mobile devices that run iOS such as iPhone & iPad.
- It’s easy – no special technical skills are required.
- There are loads of scammers offering this type of service.
- It is not free.
- It takes a few days to do.
Free iCloud unlock
Bypassing the Activation Lock on iPhone 11 for free is possible by entering the Apple ID and password when prompted.
If you don’t know the Apple credentials of the original owner, then the best method is to use a DNS bypass:
- Turn on your iPhone 11.
- Go through the initial iPhone setup process until you get to the Choose WiFi Network screen.
- Click the small i next to your WiFi network.
- Tap Configure DNS.
- Then, tap Manual.
- Next, tap Add Server and type in the IP address that is nearest to you:
- USA: 220.127.116.11
- South America: 18.104.22.168
- Europe: 22.214.171.124
- Asia: 126.96.36.199
- Australia and Oceania: 188.8.131.52
- Other continents: 184.108.40.206
- At the top left of the screen, tap Back.
- Click your Wi-Fi network.
- Type in your Wi-Fi password and click Join.
- The iPhone 11 will try to activate and go to a new screen. Don’t let it, hit the Back button at the top right to return to the WiFi page where you will be logged in.
- Once logged in you will see the iCloud bypass screen that will say iCloudDNSBypass.net at the top.
There are also a number of tools, services, and websites that claim to be able to remove Activation Lock for free. To find out about them, see Tools that unlock iCloud lock for free.
In a recent review, I tested a range of tools to find the best online iCloud bypass service that can remove the Activation Lock. I concluded the best service was provided by DirectUnlocks.
To find out more, see the DirectUnlock review.
At the time of writing, the unlock fee was £29.00 GBP, which is around $35 USD.
For more in depth step-by-step instructions on ordering the unlock service correctly, see our full usage guide. Alternatively, here is a brief guide:
- Go to DirectUnlocks website.
- In the white box on the DirectUnlocks website, type in the device IMEI.
- Next, select your iPhone 11 model from the drop-down box then, Click Unlock iCloud!
- When prompted, agree to the terms and conditions, choose your payment method, and pay.
- Wait for an email confirming the unlock has been completed
Hacking using a tool
There are also many software tools that claim to hack the Activation Lock. They vary in quality from excellent to dangerous. If you pick the wrong one you can break your device and infect your computer with viruses or trojan horses, and open yourself up to fraud.
iBypasser can hack the lock on iPhone 11 by connecting it to your computer and running the unlocking process.
Some of the things that made iBypasser the best tool included:
- Free trial
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Easy to install and use
- Excellent support
- Regularly updated
- Positive customer reviews
To find out more, see Activation Lock removal tool.
What is iCloud Activation Lock?
Activation Lock is a security feature used in many Apple products, including the iPhone. When you activate your iPhone it is added to your Apple account preventing any other Apple ID from activating or using the same device.
This means your iPhone cannot be wiped, reset, and reactivated without your permission.
Activation Lock is part of Find My, the security app for Apple devices.
Find My iPhone is a free service that helps you find your lost or stolen iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. It uses GPS and Wi-Fi to show the location of your device on a map. You can also remotely lock your device so someone can’t use it and erase all the data on it.
If you want to switch off the lock and know the Apple ID, then see How to switch off Activation Lock.
There is a huge demand to get around the iCloud lock on iOS devices. As a result, many scammers have appeared ready to steal your money.
If you want to be safe, only use the official methods to get rid of iCloud Activation Lock.
If you can’t use the official Apple technique, then be careful and use one of the recommended suppliers in this guide.