- Get rid of Activation Lock – with the previous owner’s help.
- Remove Activation Lock – by using a service.
- Bypass Activation Lock – using a tool.
Table of Contents
iPhone 4 iCloud bypass methodsiPhone Activation Lock removal can be complex and time-consuming if you do it yourself. This is why I recommend using a service for the majority of iOS device owners. A service will remove iCloud Activation Lock from your Apple device with little to no involvement from you. This makes it very easy. The biggest difficulty is finding a trustworthy company. Over the years we have tested a great number of different suppliers many of which turned out to be scams. After testing a great number of iCloud removal services, we found DirectUnlocks to be the best option. To find out more and try DirectUnlocks, see the iCloud bypass guide. They are not perfect, but they are the best service available. And with their money-back guarantee, they are less of a risk than their competitors. iPhone IMEI comes highly recommended thanks to its compatibility with different iPhone versions. You don’t need any technical skills to remove the iCloud lock. To find out more about disabling the Activation Lock, see How to erase the Apple ID and disable the lock.
Using an online serviceIn a recent review, I tested a range of tools to find the best online iCloud bypass service that can remove the Activation Lock. I concluded the best service was provided by DirectUnlocks. To find out more, see the DirectUnlock review. At the time of writing, the unlock fee was £29.00 GBP, which is around $35 USD. For more in depth step-by-step instructions on ordering the unlock service correctly, see our full usage guide. Alternatively, here is a brief guide:
- You need to write down the IMEI. You need it later. On your iPhone 4, you will find the 15-digit IMEI etched on the back.
- Go to the website.
- In the box, enter Your iPhone 4’s IMEI from step 1.
- Based on the IMEI provided, your iPhone 4 model will be automatically identified. To continue, press Unlock iCloud.
- On the checkout page, check the order details and the price.
- Enter your email address in the box.
- Where it says I agree to the terms and conditions, tick the box.
- Choose your payment method and pay.
- In your email, you will receive a confirmation of your order
- In 5-7 days the iCloud Activation Lock will be removed. If you select the express service it should be unlocked within 24-hours.
Using a toolIf you have good technical skills and are confident downloading, installing, and using apps then you can use a tool to bypass Activation Lock. There are a huge number of competitors in the market so it is important to choose the right one. We recommend iBypasser. iBypasser has a trial version of their software – so you can try it before you buy. Once the tool is installed, you follow the step-by-step process to bypass iCloud. This involves connecting your iPhone 4 to your computer using a USB cable. Once completed you will be able to see if the tool will bypass iCloud activation lock on your iOS device. iBypasser also has a 30-day money-back guarantee giving you the ability to request a refund if you are unhappy with the app. Steps You will need:
- A Mac or PC computer to install the tool on.
- A USB cable to connect your iPhone 4 to your computer.
- Follow this link: Use iBypasser to bypass the iCloud lock, then click the red button that says Get free iBypasser trial.
- On the iBypasser website, select to download the software for free
- Download, install and launch the tool on your computer.
- In the tool, select Bypass iCloud Activation Lock Screen.
- On the Bypass iCloud Activation Lock Screen, click Start.
- Connect your locked iPhone 4 to the computer using the USB Cable. For more information, see connect iPhone and your computer with a cable.
- To jailbreak your device ready for the iCloud bypass, follow the on-screen prompts.
- To jailbreak a Mac:
- iBypasser will automatically download the Mac compatible jailbreak package.
- To begin the jailbreak, click Start Jailbreak.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, and click Next.
- After downloading some software to your iPhone 4, the tool will jailbreak your device.
- To jailbreak a Windows computer:
- There is no automated way to jailbreak an iOS device using a Windows computer. Instead, follow this tutorial.
- Once completed, click Finished Jailbreak.
- Your iPhone 4 details will appear on the computer. Confirm they are correct, then click Start Bypass.
- The bypass tool will remove the current iCloud account from your iPhone 4.
- Once you have gotten rid of the iCloud activation lock, you can use your own Apple ID, iCloud password, etc. You can also erase the iPhone, do a factory reset, or set up any features you want.
- To jailbreak a Windows computer:
Free iCloud unlockingAsking the previous owner to switch off Find My, and the Activation Lock is a free, and quick way to solve the issue. The seller simply needs to enter their Apple ID and password, when prompted, and the iPhone 4 will be free to use. In my experience, it is quite common for the previous owner to forget to switch off Find My. If they have forgotten to do this before selling it then your request shouldn’t cause a problem. The steps the seller needs to follow depend on if you can meet them in person, or if they plan to disable the lock screen remotely. Both methods work and are covered later in this guide. If you can’t get hold of the seller then see How to remove Find My without previous owner.
Method 1: In-person removal – if you can come face to face with the previous ownerThis method is suitable if:
- You can meet up with the previous owner in person.
- The previous owner remembers the Apple ID password for the iPhone 4. If they are locked out of their Apple account, see How to unlock Apple account.
- Hand the owner the iPhone 4.
- Have them go through the setup process until it displays the Activation Lock screen.
- When prompted, ask them to enter their Apple ID and password.
- Complete the setup of the device.
- Once set up, go into Settings.
- Click the previous owners [Apple ID].
- Tap Sign Out.
- You will be prompted for the original owners’ Apple credentials.
- Hand the device to them so they can enter their Apple ID and password. If they forgot their sign in details, Learn how to reset Apple ID password when forgotten.
- Find My will be disabled and the lock will be turned off.
- You can now use the iPhone 4 normally.
Method 2: Remote removal – if you can’t meet up with the sellerThis method is best if:
- You can meet face to face with the seller.
- The previous owner knows the Apple ID and password for their Apple account.
- Go to https://appleid.apple.com/
- Sign in using their Apple ID and password.
- Go to the Devices section.
- Find the iPhone 4 on the list of devices and click it.
- Choose Remove from account.