Receiving emails on an iPhone can be a convenient and helpful feature. However emails can build up and take up quite a bit of memory if you don’t delete them. Even after you delete an email, it should still be removed from the trash to be completely removed from your iPhone.
How-to fix this issue
1. Press the Home button on your iPhone and choose Mail.
2. Click on the name of an email account. If you have multiple accounts linked to your iPhone, go to “Mailboxes” and then scroll down to the bottom where it says Accounts and select one account. In the picture below there is 2 accounts – one for Gmail and another for Exchange.
3. Pick the trash or bin folder (it’s the trash folder in the picture below)
4. Click the edit button at the top right of the screen.
5. Pick “Delete All” from the bottom left of the screen.
6. Confirm the deletion of the messages by selecting delete all.
7. Your deleted items, trash, or bin Mail items will now all be removed from your iPhone!
Did you find this iPhone fix helpful?
If you found this fix helpful please take a moment to tweet, like, or share this article by using the buttons at the top of this page. I’d really appreciate it. 🙂
Also, if you are feeling extra generous after having your issue solved please leave some encouraging feedback in the comments section at the bottom of the page. I love getting feedback from visitors. It encourages me to find further solutions to those awkward little iPhone, iPad, MacBook, and Mac problems that we all suffer from.
Thanks for taking the time to read my website and I hope to help you again soon!
Get my Apple iOS 10 guide FREE!
Click the link below to signup for our guide showing you how the latest version of Apple’s Operating System – iOS 10 – will work on your iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini or iPod Touch for free!
That’s right, a free user guide showing you the new features.
I have loved techie stuff since I played my first computer games in the early 1980’s. Since then I graduated on to computers, then smartphones, and tablets. I am a self-confessed Apple fanboy with a huge collection of iPods, iPads, MacBooks & iPhones. I enjoy helping people get the most from their Apple products.